The Idyllwild Library presents a weeklong workshop series designed to generate some steam among local youth — excitement and fascination about topics on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics: STEAM Week Youth Camp.
The event coincides with an Idyllwild School recess this week.
The topics are so interesting it’s a shame that Idyllwild’s older population, who would likely be just as fascinated, can’t attend.
From Tuesday, Feb. 21 to Saturday, Feb. 25, presenters conducted or will conduct workshops on:
• Designing and printing a small figurine using a 3-D printer – engineering (ages 12-plus, limit 12), from 2 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 21.
• Understanding Borax crystal snowflakes — science (all ages, limit 12), from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Feb. 22.
• Learning to edit digital photos — science (ages 12-plus, limit 12), from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22.
• Folded book art — technology (ages 10-plus, no limit), from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday Feb. 23.
• Learning how to code with games — math (all ages, limit 12 to 14), from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Feb. 24.
• Building your own robot — science (all ages, limit 15), from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
For more information, call the Idyllwild Library 951-659-2300.