House burns down in Pine Cove; no one hurt

Share via email

This house on Fern Land Drive in Pine Cove burned down Saturday, Nov. 11, due to “improperly disposed fireplace ashes,” according to the Riverside County Fire Department’s incident report. Photo by Jenny Kirchner

About 12:45 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, a structure fire was reported in the 52900 block of Fern Land Drive in Pine Cove. Cal Fire reported that a 2 1/2-story home and about a half-acre of vegetation were involved.

Cal Fire (Station 23), along with firefighters from the San Bernardino National Forest’s San Jacinto Ranger District and the Idyllwild Fire Department, all responded to the blaze. A total of nine engines, 30 firefighters and a helicopter participated in containing and controlling the blaze.

“The cause of the fire was determined to be improperly disposed fireplace ashes. One adult male was displaced,” Cal Fire reported, and there were no injuries.

Share via email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

s2Member®