Subscribe via RSS Feed

Tag: "Election 2012"

Latest election totals

Raul Ruiz, Democratic challenger, defeated Representative Mary Bono Mack in Tuesday’s race for the 36th Congressional District. Slowly and steadily Ruiz has built a 7,300 vote lead as of Saturday, Nov. 10. But it was on Friday, after the county registrar reported vote totals giving Ruiz a 7,200 vote advantage that the 14-year congresswoman conceded. […]

Thursday’s results from Tuesday’s election

Raul Ruiz, Democratic challenger, slightly widen his lead over Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack after the Riverside County Registrar’s office released more results Thursday evening, Nov. 8. Ruiz now has a lead of 4,679 votes with more than 166,000 ballots counted. He has 51.4 percent of the vote compared to Bono Mack’s 48.6 percent. However, the […]

Results still coming in for local races

As politicians and political junkies go to sleep in the east, knowing President Barack Obama has won a second term, the Democrats retain firm control of the Senate and the Republicans maintain their bully pulpit in the House, many local races are far from decided. Republican congresswoman Mary Bono Mack has a 252 vote lead […]

State ballot measures as of 11 p.m.

With slightly more than a quarterof the state precincts reporting results, only four propositions — Tightening laws against human trafficking, the changes to three strikes laws, the business tax for clean energy and ending the current round of redistricting — are headed to passage. Props 30 and 38, which would increase taxes for educational funding, […]

Local results as of 10:21

Last Updated: November 6, 2012 10:21 PM Registration & Turnout 943,402 Voters Vote Count Percent Precincts Reporting Turnout 7,864 0.83% Vote by Mail Reporting Turnout 262,676 27.84% Total 270,540 28.68% President and Vice President 342/1218 28.08% Vote Count Percent DEM – BARACK OBAMA 125,094 46.72% GRN – JILL STEIN 765 0.29% AIP – THOMAS HOEFLING […]

Early results 8:30 p.m.

The riverside County Registrar of Voters has the reported the initial result of the 250,000 vote-by-mail ballots that were received before today. Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney had 52.5 percent of the vote compared to President Barack Obama’s 45.8 percent. In local races, Republican congresswoman Mary Bono Mack had a narrow lead over Democratic challenger […]

Voters waiting to use the single electronic voting machine at Town Hall, election night.

Idyllwild voters stuff ballot boxes

Local voters stuffed the ballot box at Town hall today, according to Stacy Grant, Idyllwild resident. And it’s true. Diana Johnson, poll inspector, said, “Things were going well all day until about 6 [p.m.]” That was when the ballot box was nearly full. Several voters were concerned about trying to put their ballots in the […]


Switch to our mobile site