The Riverside County Superior Court is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications from qualified citizens interested in being nominated to serve as civil grand jurors for the time period July 1, 2013, through June 30,
2014. Those interested in serving as a grand juror must have the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a resident of Riverside County for at least one year prior to July 1, 2013;
- Possess sound judgment and fair character;
- Have sufficient knowledge of the English language;
- Able to attend hearings and meetings three to five days a week;
- Not be serving as a trial juror in any court in California;
- Cannot have been discharged as a grand juror within the previous year;
- Not be serving as an elected public official; and
- Have no convictions of malfeasance in office, or any felony or high crime.
Duties include, but are not limited to, investigating the operations of county government, researching matters of civic concern, and inquiring into public offenses.
- A per diem, plus mileage, is paid to defray expenses.
An application can be located on the court’s website at http://riverside.courts.ca.gov/ by selecting “grand jury” under the divisions tab.
An application may also be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope to the Riverside County Superior Court Jury Services Division.
Applications must be received by March 15, 2013, and should be submitted to Riverside County Superior Court Jury Services Division, P.O. Box 400, Riverside, CA 92502.