Kindergarten registration for the 2013-14 school year will begin May 1 at Idyllwild School and Hemet Unified School District Centralized Registration Office. Registration hours will be 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Enrollment forms will be available April 15. A child is eligible to attend kindergarten if he or she is five years old on or before September 1, 2013.

Registration for Transitional Kindergarten also begins May 1 at the district office. Students whose fifth birthday falls between Sept 2 and Dec. 2 are eligible to register for Transitional Kindergarten, which is the first year of a two-year kindergarten that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum.

When you register your child, you will need the following items:

  1. Proof of birth date, such as a birth certificate, hospital or baptismal certificate, or a passport.
  2. Immunization Records as required by state law:
    a. DTP-Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis, 4-5 doses, at least one dose after fourthbirthday;
    b. Polio, 3-4 doses, at least one dose after fourth birthday;
    c. MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), two doses, both doses on or after first birthday;
    d. Hepatitis B, three doses; and
    e. Varicella (chicken pox), one dose or documentation by medical provider of disease or immunity.
  3. Physical examination no earlier than six months prior to entry into kindergarten.
  4. Dental Screening/Oral Health Assessment by May 31 of first year in public school.
  5.  Proof of Residency, two forms (telephone bill or utility bill, and official homeowner information or rental agreement which reinforces the telephone bill).
  6. Parent/Guardian, valid picture ID.

California state law requires that children be immunized for the above diseases before they can enter kindergarten.

Students shall be exempt from immunization only if a parent or guardian complies with one of the following:

  • Submit a written statement from a licensed physician indicating the physical condition of the child, or medical circumstances relating to the child are such that immunization is not considered safe.
  • Parent or guardian files a written statement indicating that such immunization is contrary to his or her beliefs.

  • If your child’s immunization is incomplete, make an appointment with your doctor or county health department immunization clinic. Take existing records with you.

    HUSD Health Services will also provide free immunizations during regular clinic hours, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday only, when school is in session, at the Centralized Registration Office.

    Please contact staff at the Centralized Registration Office at (951) 765-5100 ext 3580, or visit the Hemet Unified School District website for additional information,