The California Public Utilities Commission will hold a series of Public Participation Hearings throughout the state to hear directly from members of the public about cases related to electricity rates.
Restrictions on residential rate design were lifted after the signing of Assembly Bill 327 in October 2013, and utilities can now propose residential rates that are more reflective of cost. These could include baseline percentage changes and time of use rates. Hearings are:
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16, Al Bahr Shriners Center, Upstairs Room, 5440 Kearny Mesa Rd., San Diego.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18, El Cajon City Council Chambers, 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 23, CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 29, Fontana City Council Chambers, 8353 Sierra Ave., Fontana.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 30, Temple City Council Chambers, 5938 Kauffman Ave., Temple City.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 2, Palmdale City Council Chambers, 38300 Sierra Hwy., Suite A, Palmdale.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 9, Holiday Inn Chico, Conference Center, 685 Manzanita Ct., Chico.
• 2 and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14, Fresno City Council Chambers, 2600 Fresno St., Fresno.