The Idyllwild Help Center has seen a tremendous amount of activity since Idyllwild and surrounding communities have been repopulated after the devastating Cranston Fire.
The nonprofit has provided more than 200 emergency services to more than 170 people.
Because of that tremendous need, it has been the target of giving from both locals and off-Hillers, from politicians to organizations. (See accompanying photos.)
“We’ve had such an outpouring of generosity in these last few hard days, for that we are truly grateful,” reads its Facebook page. “However, one question has been asked over and over: ‘How can we help the Help Center?’”
The post makes these suggestions:
• Money donations help the nonprofit meet the needs of the community as needs shift.
• Gift-card donations to any local store help two-fold; helping the most vulnerable and keeping the local economy strong.
• Non-perishable food donations.
• School supplies are in critical need.
• Donate gently used clothing, furniture and miscellaneous items to the thrift store.