The Riverside Superior Court is seeking qualified citizens interested in serving as civil grand jurors from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020.
To be eligible to serve as a grand juror, an individual must have all of these qualifications:
• U.S. citizenship
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Riverside County resident for at least one year prior to July 1, 2019
• Be of sound judgment and fair character
• Possess sufficient knowledge of the English language
• Be able to attend hearings and meetings three to five days a week
Also, disqualification of applicants includes:
• Currently serving as a trial juror in any California court
• Have been discharged as a grand juror within the previous year
• Be serving as an elected public official
• Have been convicted of malfeasance in office, or any felony or high crime.
Duties include, but are not limited to, investigating the operations of county government, researching matters of civic concern and inquiring into public offenses.
Grand jurors receive a per diem fee and mileage is paid to cover expenses.
An online application is available on the court’s website at www.riverside.courts.ca.gov. Select “Grand Jury” under the “Divisions” tab. An application also may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope to the Riverside Superior Court Jury Services Division, Superior Court of California - County of Riverside, Jury Services Division, P.O. Box 400, Riverside, CA 92502.
Applications must be postmarked by March 29, 2019, and should also be submitted to the above address. If you have any questions, call 951-777-3644.