I want to die on the Hill. I’ve said it. I’m 81. My friends have said it. We are Idy elders.
Many of us live alone.
We believe that the best homes are our own homes.
Question: What will it take to enable us to “age in place” with our friends in this very special community of caring and resourceful people?
Answer: One, some or all of the following:
• An information and connection hub about local services
• In-home support, part-time or full-time
• Shared housing
• Live-in caregivers
• Board and care homes
• Assisted living facilities
• Meals on Wheels
• Assistance with negotiating the healthcare system
• Help with filling out complex forms and budgeting
• Community leaders, conversations and action plans
Idy Elders and Others has scheduled a community discussion from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, at the Idyllwild Library.
Virginia “Baba” Crowder