The National Weather Service has issued the following:
Winter Weather Advisory
4:10 a.m. pst mon Feb 13 2012
a pair of cold low pressure systems from the north will bring periods of snow showers to the mountains through wednesday night...
a cold low pressure system from the north will move through southwest california through early tuesday bringing lower snow levels and snow showers for the mountains. a second low pressure system is expected for wednesday afternoon and night. this second low pressure system is expected to be a little colder and stronger.
riverside county mountains- including the following locations...idyllwild...pine cove
The national weather service in San Diego has issued a winter weather advisory above 5000 feet for snow... which is in effect from 2 pm this afternoon to midnight tonight.
* elevation: above 5000 feet.
* snow levels: snow levels will fall from around 5500 feet this morning to 4000 to 4500 feet tonight except locally lower in heavier showers.
* snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches above 5000 feet...with lesser accumulations down to 4000 feet.
* winds: southwest to west 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* visibility: visibilities falling to near zero at times in blowing snow and fog.
* impacts: residents and travelers to the mountains should be prepared for hazardous winter weather and possible road closures. carry chains...and take extra food... water...and clothing.
* outlook: another cold low pressure system from the north may bring more snow Wednesday afternoon and night. precautionary/preparedness actions... a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow and strong winds will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.