Soroptimist International of Idyllwild served more than 200 free spaghetti dinners at its 36th annual Basket Festival.
Soroptimist members sold tickets for chances to win one of nine baskets this year and the drawing is held after members serve up plates of homemade spaghetti to the community. The baskets’ items and most of the food are donated by community members. The proceeds help sponsor the Soroptimist House of Hope, a rehabilitation center for women located in the desert and other projects that benefit women and girls.
The total value for all baskets was about $8,000. This year’s baskets and basket winners are:
- Disneyland, Lori Oliver
- Mountain Gardens, Leann Gudmundson
- Kids and Family, Rachel Welch
- Vintage Kitchen, Joann Graham
- Mountain Folks, Patricia Hayes
- Spa and Fitness, Dr. Betty Jandl
- Starbucks, Lou Bacher
- Travel & Leisure, Lola Fisher
- Wine & Dine, Carol Mendoza